[Update: Added more 3DS info and screens of the 3DS Menu, the 3DS Mii Auto-Creator, Nintendogs + Cats, Paper Mario 3DS, and Professor Layton and the Miraculous Mask.]
In addition to the short fact list we provided last night on the 3DS, a few more interesting details have come to light. You can see the full fact list below with recent additions in italics. Check after the jump for 3 new direct-feed 3DS videos and a pile of screenshots for the games coming out as soon as March next year.
- Launches in Japan on Feb. 26th, 2011
- Launches in March in North America/Europe
- Launch colours: Aqua Blue and Cosmos Black
- Launch price (in Japan) = ¥25,000 (~$300 US) (original DS launch price: ¥15,000)
- Comes with a 2GB SD Card
- Also comes with a charging stand/dock and 6 cards that activate Augmented Reality (AR) games
- Home button can be used to access the Home Menu and Internet Browser without quitting the active game
- The 3DS will auto-connect to WiFi when in Sleep Mode to get updates, DLC, and info from friends
- StreetPass is the official name of this tag mode
- Games do not have to physically be in the system to send/receive data with StreetPass. Data is stored on the system until the next time the game is played.
- Supports Wireless-N WiFi
- Will be able to redownload DSiware purchases on 3DS
- Virtual Console on the 3DS will include GB, GBC, and GBA games
- 3DS will come with games pre-installed, including AR games
- Light on upper-right of system used like Wii glowing slot drive indicating online messages/data
- Miis will be in full force on the 3DS
- 3DS Mii channel will feature Mii auto-creation using the 3DS’ cameras
- Miis for the Mii Parade are also exchanged using StreetPass
- 3DS has an Activity Log channel that not only tracks how long and what games you play, but also how many steps you took while it was in StreetPass mode
- Control Nub has been made slightly smaller in circumference, but thicker and always gray regardless of system colour.
- Stylus is telescopic and has a metallic body
First off, here are the new 3DS videos that were made available at today’s Nintendo Conference:
Next we have a gallery of the direct-feed screenshots from various Nintendo 3DS games as well as some system shots and some screen captures from Nintendo Japan’s 3DS Conference site. The game order for the screenshots is as follows: Chocobo Racing, Tales of the Abyss, Asphalt Racing, Deca Sports, Metal Gear Solid 3DS, Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D, 3DS system and feature shots, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. Enjoy!