I awoke today to the sound of my doorbell and to my surprise I received a very special package from the unusually perky Fed-Ex lady! We’ll have a review up for Pokemon White Version 2 a little closer to its launch, but if you have any burning questions about it we’ll be able to provide you with some answers in the comments section. Needless to say, the packaging is already pretty fancy!
Archive for September, 2012
Nintendo is hosting official Pokemon meet-ups on Saturday, September 29th at 4:00pm local time in Canadian cities including Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver.
The Saskatoon meet-up will take place in The Bowl on the University of Saskatchewan campus.
Nintendo says that these meet-ups will be “A fun experience training and battling with other Pokémon fans. There will also be some cool Pokémon giveaways while supplies last!”
If you’re a Poke-fan, you can check Nintendo’s official website here for the locations of the Pokemon meets around the country.
- Darksiders II will be a Wii U launch title and include much of the game’s DLC ready to play on the disc
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U and 3DS will be launching in North America and Europe in March 2013
Nintendo had a killer Wii U information blow-out conference this morning, and here is a summary of all the details that Nintendo shared with us:
- Wii U launching in North America on November 18th, 2012
- 2 Wii U bundles offered, the white Wii U with 8GB storage (including sensor bar unlike in Japan) for $299.99, or a black Wii U with 32GB of storage, Nintendo Land, and stands/chargers for the system and GamePad for $349.99
- A “Deluxe Digital Promotion” is included with the Black Wii U, which lets Wii U owners receive points for each digital download and redeem those points for future downloadable content from the Nintendo eShop through 2014.
- Wii U branded Wii remotes and nunchuks on their way to stores soon too
- New Super Mario Bros. U also announced for launch, will include challenges like not touching the ground in a level too
- LEGO City Undercover confirmed for “launch window”
- Entertainment options on the Wii U are called Nintendo TVii with it’s interface primarily on the GamePad
- Has TV, Movie, and Sports options (pictured above) — talks to TiVO, Amazon Plus, Hulu, Netflix, and cable channels (somehow)
- Also has a huge social element with surveys, public comments, and extra info on live TV — a feed fills up with moments from the show as you watch and then you can comment/like or tweet about them
- Nintendo TVii can be personalized with profiles for individual Miis on each Wii U system, favourites are tracked and generated and can be aggregated between multiple Miis at once (see everyone’s shared favourites)
- Large amounts of information are available through TVii on each show/movie — IMDb, Wikipedia, and it even tells you when the next episodes are due
- With TVii, you can watch movie trailers on the GamePad even while things are playing on the TV
- Sports channel lists your favourite teams first and lists each game with it’s current/final score
- Nintendo TVii will also offer built-in Sports highlights even as games are playing live
- There’s a wheel-based touch remote also available on the GamePad too
- Nintendo TVii is coming to both US and Canada and is available as a free function of the Wii U
- Bayonetta 2 announced, it’s a Wii U exclusive published by Nintendo
- Project P-100, also from Platinum Games, is now called “The Wonderful 101″ — the extra one is YOU
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and 3DS coming to NA and Europe, progress will be sync-able between the two versions of the game
- Wii U launch window games from Activision: Skylanders Giants, Wipeout 3 (looking crappy), 007 Legends, Transformers Prime (Wii U exclusive)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II announced for Wii U
- Training mode where you can play multiplayer against bots was confirmed for BO2
- Wii U version will feature great graphics and the entire game (as on 360/PS3) including full multiplayer, zombie mode, and single player campaign
- Wii remote/nunchuck, Pro controller, and GamePad all usable for Black Ops II
- Off-TV play supported for single player in Black Ops II, can also be used in multiplayer so that both players have full screens to view
- Not saying which 3rd party games will be out on day 1, but the launch window from Nov. 12 to Mar. 13 includes almost every announced Wii U game, then some, including: NBA 2K13, 007 Legends, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, TRANSFORMERS PRIME, Wipeout 3, Skylanders Giants, Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 2013, Rapala Pro Bass Fishing, Capcom Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Mass Effect 3, Madden NFL 13, FIFA Soccer 13, Trine 2: Director’s Cut, Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Wii U Edition, TANK! TANK! TANK!, NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge, SiNG PARTY, LEGO City: Undercover, The Wonderful 101, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Nano Assault Neo, WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Hyper, Darksiders II, Wheel of Fortune, JEOPARDY!, Toki Tori 2, Assassin’s Creed III, Just Dance 4, Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth, Rabbids Land, Sports Connection, ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
- Other first party games coming out in the launch window include: Wii Fit U, Game & Wario, and Pikmin 3
And that’s it! An excellent showing from Nintendo today, it’s too bad we don’t know more about what games will be available right at launch. The Wii U is coming out on Nov. 3oth in Europe and Dec. 8th in Japan, and the confirmed launch games in Europe are: New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Fifa 13, Mass Effect 3, Nano Assault Hero, Rayman Legends, Trine 2, Toki Tori 2, and ZombiU, so we can likely expect those to hit North America in a similar time frame.
As more Wii U news breaks throughout the day, we’ll keep you updated, so stay tuned to GameUsagi.com
Nintendo is having a major Wii U news conference at the Nintendo World Store in NYC at 8:00 AM CST tomorrow morning. They’re expected to announce all of the major retail details for the Wii U including price, retail bundles, and perhaps even games available at launch. This news has been a long time coming and we’ll be sure to report it all as it breaks.
Nov. 18 is the favourite speculated date for the Wii U’s launch, we’ll see just how close the actual date comes to it.
If you’d like to see the news live as it breaks, you can check out Nintendo’s Wii U page.
Having had the privilege of attending the Electronic Entertainment Expo, as well as all three major press conferences held in conjunction with E3, for the first time this year, I think it’s my duty to inform you about just what it’s like walking through the hallowed halls of the Los Angeles Convention Center with the Future of Gaming all around you. It was, in a word, disillusioning.